Announcing the RhymeZone Poetry Prize. Deadline is February 1!
Read and comment on a recent entry: The Morning Light
Definitions of coat:
- noun: growth of hair or wool or fur covering the body of an animal
- noun: an outer garment that has sleeves and covers the body from shoulder down; worn outdoors
- noun: a thin layer covering something
Example: "A second coat of paint"
- verb: cover or provide with a coat
- verb: form a coat over
Example: "Dirt had coated her face"
- verb: put a coat on; cover the surface of; furnish with a surface
Example: "Coat the cake with chocolate"
Search for coat at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster
Copyright © 2015 Datamuse