Definitions of closure:
- noun: termination of operations
Example: "They regretted the closure of the day care center"
- noun: a Gestalt principle of organization holding that there is an innate tendency to perceive incomplete objects as complete and to close or fill gaps and to perceive asymmetric stimuli as symmetric
- noun: a rule for limiting or ending debate in a deliberative body
- noun: approaching a particular destination; a coming closer; a narrowing of a gap
- noun: the act of blocking
- noun: an obstruction in a pipe or tube
- noun: something settled or resolved; the outcome of decision making
Example: "He needed to grieve before he could achieve a sense of closure"
- verb: terminate debate by calling for a vote
Example: "Debate was closured"
Search for closure at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse