Definitions of closing:
- noun: approaching a particular destination; a coming closer; a narrowing of a gap
Example: "The ship's rapid rate of closing gave them little time to avoid a collision"
- noun: the act of closing something
- noun: a concluding action
- noun: termination of operations
- noun: the last section of a communication
- adjective: final or ending
Example: "The closing stages of the election"
Search for closing at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse