Definitions of clog:
- noun: any object that acts as a hindrance or obstruction
- noun: footwear usually with wooden soles
- noun: a dance performed while wearing clogs; has heavy stamping steps
- verb: coalesce or unite in a mass
- verb: impede with a clog or as if with a clog
Example: "The market is being clogged by these operations"
- verb: impede the motion of, as with a chain or a burden
Example: "Horses were clogged until they were tamed"
- verb: become or cause to become obstructed
Example: "The leaves clog our drains in the Fall"
- verb: dance a clog dance
- verb: fill to excess so that function is impaired
Example: "Fear clogged her mind"
Search for clog at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse