Definitions of climb:
- noun: the act of climbing something
Example: "It was a difficult climb to the top"
- noun: an event that involves rising to a higher point (as in altitude or temperature or intensity etc.)
- noun: an upward slope or grade (as in a road)
- verb: slope upward
Example: "The path climbed all the way to the top of the hill"
- verb: improve one's social status
Example: "This young man knows how to climb the social ladder"
- verb: go upward with gradual or continuous progress
Example: "Did you ever climb up the hill behind your house?"
- verb: move with difficulty, by grasping
- verb: go up or advance
Example: "Sales were climbing after prices were lowered"
- verb: increase in value or to a higher point
Example: "Prices climbed steeply"
Search for climb at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse