Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of click:
- noun: depression of a button on a computer mouse
Example: "A click on the right button for example"
- noun: a stop consonant made by the suction of air into the mouth (as in Bantu)
- noun: a short light metallic sound
- noun: a hinged catch that fits into a notch of a ratchet to move a wheel forward or prevent it from moving backward
- verb: make a clicking or ticking sound
- verb: become clear or enter one's consciousness or emotions
- verb: produce a click
Example: "Xhosa speakers click"
- verb: click repeatedly or uncontrollably
- verb: make a clucking sounds, characteristic of hens
- verb: cause to make a snapping sound
- verb: move or strike with a noise
Example: "He clicked on the light"
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 33333 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #4253)
Search for click at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...