Definitions of claw:
- noun: a bird's foot that has claws
- noun: sharp curved horny process on the toe of a bird or some mammals or reptiles
- noun: a structure like a pincer on the limb of a crustacean or other arthropods
- noun: a mechanical device that is curved or bent to suspend or hold or pull something
- verb: attack as if with claws
Example: "The politician clawed his rival"
- verb: clutch as if in panic
Example: "She clawed the doorknob"
- verb: scratch, scrape, pull, or dig with claws or nails
- verb: move as if by clawing, seizing, or digging
Example: "They clawed their way to the top of the mountain"
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #23149)
Search for claw at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse