Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of Citation:
- noun: thoroughbred that won the triple crown in 1948
- noun: a summons that commands the appearance of a party at a proceeding
- noun: an official award (as for bravery or service) usually given as formal public statement
- noun: a short note recognizing a source of information or of a quoted passage
Example: "The student's essay failed to list several important citations"
- noun: (law) the act of citing (as of spoken words or written passages or legal precedents etc.)
- noun: a passage or expression that is quoted or cited
Search for Citation at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...