Definitions of circus:
- noun: performance given by a traveling company of acrobats clowns and trained animals
Example: "The children always love to go to the circus"
- noun: a frenetic disorganized (and often comic) disturbance suggestive of a circus or carnival
Example: "It was so funny it was a circus"
- noun: a genus of haws comprising the harriers
- noun: an arena consisting of an oval or circular area enclosed by tiers of seats and usually covered by a tent
Example: "They used the elephants to help put up the circus"
- noun: (antiquity) an open-air stadium for chariot races and gladiatorial games
- noun: a travelling company of entertainers; including trained animals
Example: "He ran away from home to join the circus"
Search for circus at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse