Definitions of circuit:
- noun: an electrical device that provides a path for electrical current to flow
- noun: (law) a judicial division of a state or the United States (so-called because originally judges traveled and held court in different locations); one of the twelve groups of states in the United States that is covered by a particular circuit court of appeals
- noun: an established itinerary of venues or events that a particular group of people travel to
Example: "She's a familiar name on the club circuit"
- noun: a journey or route all the way around a particular place or area
Example: "We took a quick circuit of the park"
- noun: a racetrack for automobile races
- noun: movement once around a course
- verb: make a circuit
Example: "They were circuiting about the state"
Search for circuit at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse