Definitions of chuck:
- noun: a holding device consisting of adjustable jaws that center a workpiece in a lathe or center a tool in a drill
- noun: the part of a forequarter from the neck to the ribs and including the shoulder blade
- noun: informal terms for a meal
- verb: throw away
Example: "Chuck these old notes"
- verb: pat or squeeze fondly or playfully, especially under the chin
- verb: throw carelessly
Example: "Chuck the ball"
- verb: eject the contents of the stomach through the mouth
- name: A male given name (rare: 1 in 6250 males; popularity rank in the U.S.: #547)
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #26719)
Search for chuck at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse