Definitions of chip:
- noun: the act of chipping something
- noun: a low running approach shot
- noun: electronic equipment consisting of a small crystal of a silicon semiconductor fabricated to carry out a number of electronic functions in an integrated circuit
- noun: a small disk-shaped counter used to represent money when gambling
- noun: a triangular wooden float attached to the end of a log line
- noun: a thin crisp slice of potato fried in deep fat
- noun: a piece of dried bovine dung
- noun: a mark left after a small piece has been chopped or broken off of something
- noun: a small fragment of something broken off from the whole
- verb: break a small piece off from
Example: "Chip the glass"
- verb: break off (a piece from a whole)
Example: "Her tooth chipped"
- verb: form by chipping
Example: "They chipped their names in the stone"
- verb: play a chip shot
- verb: cut a nick into
Search for chip at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia