Definitions of chill:
- noun: coldness due to a cold environment
- noun: a sudden numbing dread
- noun: a sensation of cold that often marks the start of an infection and the development of a fever
- noun: an almost pleasurable sensation of fright
- verb: depress or discourage
Example: "The news of the city's surrender chilled the soldiers"
- verb: loose heat
- verb: make cool or cooler
Example: "Chill the food"
- adjective: uncomfortably cool
Example: "A chill wind"
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 100000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #17831)
Search for chill at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse