Definitions of cheer:
- noun: a cry or shout of approval
- noun: the quality of being cheerful and dispelling gloom
Example: "Flowers added a note of cheerfulness to the drab room"
- verb: show approval or good wishes by shouting
Example: "Everybody cheered the birthday boy"
- verb: urge on or encourage especially by shouts
Example: "The crowd cheered the demonstrating strikers"
- verb: become cheerful
- verb: cause (somebody) to feel happier or more cheerful
Example: "She tried to cheer up the disappointed child when he failed to win the spelling bee"
- verb: give encouragement to
Search for cheer at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse