Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of chatter:
- noun: the high-pitched continuing noise made by animals (birds or monkeys)
- noun: the rapid series of noises made by the parts of a machine
- noun: noisy talk
- verb: click repeatedly or uncontrollably
Example: "Chattering teeth"
- verb: speak (about unimportant matters) rapidly and incessantly
- verb: make noise as if chattering away
Example: "The magpies were chattering in the trees"
- verb: cut unevenly with a chattering tool
- verb: talk socially without exchanging too much information
Search for chatter at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...