Definitions of chase:
- noun: the act of pursuing in an effort to overtake or capture
- verb: pursue someone sexually or romantically
- verb: cut a groove into
Example: "Chase silver"
- verb: go after with the intent to catch
Example: "The policeman chased the mugger down the alley"
- verb: cut a furrow into a columns
- name: A surname (common: 1 in 4347 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #508)
- name: A male given name (rare: 1 in 6250 males; popularity rank in the U.S.: #542)
Search for chase at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse