Definitions of chapter:
- noun: a subdivision of a written work; usually numbered and titled
Example: "He read a chapter every night before falling asleep"
- noun: a series of related events forming an episode
Example: "A chapter of disasters"
- noun: a local branch of some fraternity or association
Example: "He joined the Atlanta chapter"
- noun: an ecclesiastical assembly of the monks in a monastery or even of the canons of a church
- noun: any distinct period in history or in a person's life
Example: "The industrial revolution opened a new chapter in British history"
Search for chapter at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse