Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of channel:
- noun: a passage for water (or other fluids) to flow through
Example: "The fields were crossed with irrigation channels"
- noun: a television station and its programs
Example: "A satellite TV channel"
- noun: a path over which electrical signals can pass
Example: "A channel is typically what you rent from a telephone company"
- noun: (often plural) a means of communication or access
Example: "It must go through official channels"
- noun: a deep and relatively narrow body of water (as in a river or a harbor or a strait linking two larger bodies) that allows the best passage for vessels
Example: "The ship went aground in the channel"
- noun: a way of selling a company's product either directly or via distributors
Example: "Possible distribution channels are wholesalers or small retailers or retail chains or direct mailers or your own stores"
- noun: a long narrow furrow cut either by a natural process (such as erosion) or by a tool (as e.g. a groove in a phonograph record)
- noun: a bodily passage or tube lined with epithelial cells and conveying a secretion or other substance
Example: "Poison is released through a channel in the snake's fangs"
- verb: direct the flow of
Example: "Channel infomartion towards a broad audience"
- verb: send from one person or place to another
- verb: transmit or serve as the medium for transmission
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 100000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #14378)
Search for channel at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...
Copyright © 2018 Datamuse