Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of change:
- noun: the action of changing something
Example: "The change of government had no impact on the economy"
- noun: a different or fresh set of clothes
Example: "She brought a change in her overnight bag"
- noun: a thing that is different
Example: "He inspected several changes before selecting one"
- noun: an event that occurs when something passes from one state or phase to another
Example: "The change was intended to increase sales"
- noun: the result of alteration or modification
Example: "There were marked changes in the lining of the lungs"
- noun: money received in return for its equivalent in a larger denomination or a different currency
Example: "He got change for a twenty and used it to pay the taxi driver"
- noun: the balance of money received when the amount you tender is greater than the amount due
Example: "I paid with a twenty and pocketed the change"
- noun: coins of small denomination regarded collectively
Example: "He had a pocketful of change"
- noun: a relational difference between states; especially between states before and after some event
Example: "He attributed the change to their marriage"
- noun: a difference that is usually pleasant
Example: "It is a refreshing change to meet a woman mechanic"
- verb: undergo a change; become different in essence; losing one's or its original nature
Example: "She changed completely as she grew older"
- verb: make or become different in some particular way, without permanently losing one's or its former characteristics or essence
Example: "Her mood changes in accordance with the weather"
- verb: cause to change; make different; cause a transformation
Example: "The discussion has changed my thinking about the issue"
- verb: exchange or replace with another, usually of the same kind or category
Example: "He changed his name"
- verb: remove or replace the coverings of
Example: "Father had to learn how to change the baby"
- verb: change clothes; put on different clothes
Example: "Change before you go to the opera"
- verb: change from one vehicle or transportation line to another
Example: "She changed in Chicago on her way to the East coast"
- verb: give to, and receive from, one another
Example: "Would you change places with me?"
- verb: become deeper in tone
Example: "His voice began to change when he was 12 years old"
- verb: lay aside, abandon, or leave for another
Example: "The car changed lanes"
Search for change at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Descriptive words for change (New!)
Copyright © 2016 Datamuse