Synonyms / Related
Definitions of cell:
- noun: (biology) the basic structural and functional unit of all organisms; cells may exist as independent units of life (as in monads) or may form colonies or tissues as in higher plants and animals
- noun: a device that delivers an electric current as the result of a chemical reaction
- noun: a room where a prisoner is kept
- noun: small room is which a monk or nun lives
- noun: any small compartment
Example: "The cells of a honeycomb"
- noun: a small unit serving as part of or as the nucleus of a larger political movement
- noun: a hand-held mobile radiotelephone for use in an area divided into small sections (cells), each with its own short-range transmitter/receiver
Search for cell at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...