Definitions of cause:
- noun: a justification for something existing or happening
Example: "He had no cause to complain"
- noun: events that provide the generative force that is the origin of something
Example: "They are trying to determine the cause of the crash"
- noun: any entity that causes events to happen
- noun: a series of actions advancing a principle or tending toward a particular end
Example: "They worked in the cause of world peace"
- noun: a comprehensive term for any proceeding in a court of law whereby an individual seeks a legal remedy
- verb: give rise to; cause to happen or occur, not always intentionally
Example: "Cause a commotion"
- verb: cause to do; cause to act in a specified manner
Search for cause at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Privacy, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse