Synonyms / Related
Definitions of catapult:
- noun: medieval artillery used during sieges; a heavy war engine for hurling large stones and other missiles
- noun: a device that launches aircraft from a warship
- noun: a plaything consisting of a Y-shaped stick with elastic between the arms; used to propel small stones
- verb: shoot forth or launch, as if from a catapult
Example: "The enemy catapulted rocks towards the fort"
- verb: hurl as if with a sling
Search for catapult at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...