Synonyms / Related
Definitions of Catalan:
- noun: the Romance language spoken in Catalonia in eastern Spain (related to Spanish and Occitan)
- noun: a native or inhabitant of Catalonia
- adjective: relating to or characteristic of the Catalan language
Example: "Catalan poetry"
- adjective: relating to or denoting or characteristic of Catalonia or its inhabitants
Example: "Catalan independence movement"
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 100000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #8405)
Search for Catalan at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...