Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of casual:
- adjective: without or seeming to be without plan or method; offhand
Example: "A casual remark"
- adjective: employed in a specified capacity from time to time
Example: "Casual employment"
- adjective: hasty and without attention to detail; not thorough
Example: "A casual (or cursory) inspection failed to reveal the house's structural flaws"
- adjective: marked by blithe unconcern
Example: "An ability to interest casual students"
- adjective: not showing effort or strain
Example: "A difficult feat performed with casual mastery"
- adjective: suited for everyday use
Example: "Casual clothes"
- adjective: occurring or appearing or singled out by chance
Example: "Seek help from casual passers-by"
- adjective: natural and unstudied
Example: "Using their Christian names in a casual way"
- adjective: characterized by a feeling of irresponsibility
Example: "A broken back is nothing to be casual about"
Search for casual at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...