Definitions of cascade:
- noun: a succession of stages or operations or processes or units
Example: "Progressing in severity as though a cascade of genetic damage was occurring"
- noun: a small waterfall or series of small waterfalls
- noun: a sudden downpour (as of tears or sparks etc) likened to a rain shower
Example: "A sudden cascade of sparks"
- verb: rush down in big quantities, like a cascade
- verb: arrange (open windows) on a computer desktop so that they overlap each other, with the title bars visible
Search for cascade at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster