Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of card:
- noun: one of a set of small pieces of stiff paper marked in various ways and used for playing games or for telling fortunes
Example: "He collected cards and traded them with the other boys"
- noun: a card certifying the identity of the bearer
Example: "He had to show his card to get in"
- noun: (golf) a record of scores (as in golf)
Example: "You have to turn in your card to get a handicap"
- noun: a rectangular piece of stiff paper used to send messages (may have printed greetings or pictures)
Example: "They sent us a card from Miami"
- noun: thin cardboard, usually rectangular
- noun: (baseball) a list of batters in the order in which they will bat
Example: "The managers presented their cards to the umpire at home plate"
- noun: a list of dishes available at a restaurant
- noun: a printed or written greeting that is left to indicate that you have visited
- noun: a witty amusing person who makes jokes
- noun: a printed circuit that can be inserted into expansion slots in a computer to increase the computer's capabilities
- noun: a sign posted in a public place as an advertisement
- verb: ask someone for identification to determine whether he or she is old enough to consume liquor
Example: "I was carded when I tried to buy a beer!"
- verb: separate the fibers of
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 25000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #3129)
Search for card at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...
Copyright © 2018 Datamuse