Definitions of captain:
- noun: a diningroom attendant who is in charge of the waiters and the seating of customers
- noun: the pilot ins charge of an airship
- noun: the naval officer in command of a military ship
- noun: a policeman in charge of a precinct
- noun: an officer holding a rank below a major but above a lieutenant
- noun: the leader of a group of people
Example: "A captain of industry"
- noun: an officer who is licensed to command a merchant ship
- verb: be the captain of a sports team
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #21684)
Search for captain at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse