Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of capital:
- noun: the upper part of a column that supports the entablature
- noun: one of the large alphabetic characters used as the first letter in writing or printing proper names and sometimes for emphasis
Example: "Printers once kept the type for capitals and for small letters in separate cases"
- noun: a seat of government
- noun: wealth in the form of money or property owned by a person or business and human resources of economic value
- noun: assets available for use in the production of further assets
- noun: a book written by Karl Marx (1867) describing his economic theories
- adjective: uppercase
Example: "Capital A"
- adjective: of primary important
Example: "Our capital concern was to avoid defeat"
- adjective: punishable by death
Example: "A capital offense"
- adjective: first-rate
Example: "A capital fellow"
Search for capital at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...