Definitions of cancel:
- noun: a notation cancelling a previous sharp or flat
- verb: declare null and void; make ineffective
Example: "Cancel the election results"
- verb: postpone indefinitely or annul something that was scheduled
Example: "Cancel the dinner party"
- verb: make up for
- verb: of cheques or tickets
- verb: remove or make invisible
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 100000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #7694)
Search for cancel at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Privacy, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse