Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of camp:
- noun: temporary living quarters specially built by the army for soldiers
Example: "Wherever he went in the camp the men were grumbling"
- noun: temporary lodgings in the country for travelers or vacationers
Example: "Level ground is best for parking and camp areas"
- noun: a prison for forced laborers
Example: "China has many work camps for political prisoners"
- noun: a site where care and activities are provided for children during the summer months
Example: "City kids get to see the country at a summer camp"
- noun: shelter for persons displaced by war or political oppression or for religious beliefs
- noun: something that is considered amusing not because of its originality but because of its unoriginality
Example: "The livingroom was pure camp"
- noun: a group of people living together in a camp
Example: "The whole camp laughed at his mistake"
- noun: an exclusive circle of people with a common purpose
- verb: live in or as if in a tent
Example: "Can we go camping again this summer?"
- verb: give an artificially banal or sexual quality to
- verb: establish or set up a camp
- adjective: providing sophisticated amusement by virtue of having artificially (and vulgarly) mannered or banal or sentimental qualities
Example: "They played up the silliness of their roles for camp effect"
- name: A surname (common: 1 in 9090 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #1067)
Search for camp at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...