Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of cackle:
- noun: a loud laugh suggestive of a hen's cackle
- noun: the sound made by a hen after laying an egg
- noun: noisy talk
- verb: emit a loud, unpleasant kind of laughing
- verb: squawk shrilly and loudly, characteristic of hens
- verb: talk or utter in a cackling manner
Example: "The women cackled when they saw the movie star step out of the limousine"
Search for cackle at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...