Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of buy:
- noun: an advantageous purchase
Example: "The stock was a real buy at that price"
- verb: obtain by purchase; acquire by means of a financial transaction
Example: "She buys for the big department store"
- verb: acquire by trade or sacrifice or exchange
Example: "She wanted to buy his love with her dedication to him and his work"
- verb: be worth or be capable of buying
Example: "This sum will buy you a ride on the train"
- verb: accept as true
Example: "I can't buy this story"
- verb: make illegal payments to in exchange for favors or influence
Search for buy at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...