Definitions of busy:
- verb: keep busy with
- adjective: (of facilities such as telephones or lavatories) unavailable for use by anyone else or indicating unavailability; (`engaged' is a British term for a busy telephone line)
Example: "Her line is busy"
- adjective: overcrowded or cluttered with detail
Example: "A busy painting"
- adjective: crowdedwith or characterized by much activity
Example: "A very busy week"
- adjective: actively or fully engaged or occupied
Example: "Busy with her work"
- adjective: intrusive in a meddling or offensive manner
Example: "Busy about other people's business"
Search for busy at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse