Definitions of burning:
- noun: the act of burning something
Example: "The burning of leaves was prohibited by a town ordinance"
- noun: execution by fire
- noun: execution by electricity
- noun: a process in which a substance reacts with oxygen to give heat and light
- noun: pain that feels hot as if it were on fire
- adjective: producing or having a painfully hot sensation
Example: "Begged for water to soothe his burning throat"
- adjective: consuming fuel; used in combination
Example: "Coal-burning (or wood-burning) stoves"
- adjective: lighted up by or as by fire or flame
Example: "A burning cigarette"
Search for burning at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Copyright © 2014 Datamuse