Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of buffer:
- noun: a cushion-like device that reduces shock due to contact
- noun: a power tool used to buff surfaces
- noun: (computer science) a part of RAM used for temporary storage of data that is waiting to be sent to a device; used to compensate for differences in the rate of flow of data between components of a computer system
- noun: an ionic compound that resists changes in its pH
- noun: an implement consisting of soft material mounted on a block; used for polishing (as in manicuring)
- noun: an inclined metal frame at the front of a locomotive to clear the track
- verb: add a buffer (a solution)
Example: "Buffered saline solution for the eyes"
- verb: protect from impact
Search for buffer at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...