Definitions of buff:
- noun: an implement consisting of soft material mounted on a block; used for polishing (as in manicuring)
- noun: bare skin
Example: "Swimming in the buff"
- noun: a soft thick undyed leather from the skins of e.g. buffalo or oxen
- noun: an ardent follower and admirer
- noun: a medium to dark tan color
- verb: polish and make shiny
Example: "Buff the wooden floors"
- verb: strike, beat repeatedly
Example: "The wind buffeted him"
- adjective: of the color of buff leather
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 100000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #10383)
Search for buff at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse