Definitions of broadside:
- noun: the simultaneous firing of all the armament on one side of a warship
- noun: the whole side of a vessel from stem to stern
Example: "The ship was broadside to the dock"
- noun: all of the armament that is fired from one side of a warship
- noun: a speech of violent denunciation
- noun: an advertisement (usually printed on a page or in a leaflet) intended for wide distribution
- verb: collide with the broad side of
- adjective: toward a full side
Example: "A broadside attack"
- adverb: with a side facing an object
Example: "The train hit the truck broadside"
Search for broadside at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia