Definitions of brittle:
- noun: caramelized sugar cooled in thin sheets
- adjective: (of metal or glass) not annealed and consequently easily cracked or fractured
- adjective: lacking warmth and generosity of spirit
Example: "A brittle and calculating woman"
- adjective: having little elasticity; hence easily cracked or fractured or snapped
Example: "Brittle bones"
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #27934)
Search for brittle at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse