Synonyms / Related
Definitions of bring up:
- verb: promote from a lower position or rank
- verb: cause to come to a sudden stop
- verb: put forward for consideration or discussion
Example: "Bring up an unpleasant topic"
- verb: bring up
Example: "Bring up children"
- verb: make reference to
- verb: cause to load (an operating system) and start the initial processes
- verb: raise from a lower to a higher position
- verb: evoke or call forth, with or as if by magic
Search for bring up at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...