Definitions of bring out:
- verb: direct attention to, as if by means of contrast
- verb: take out of a container or enclosed space
- verb: bring out of a specific state
- verb: encourage to be less reserved
Example: "The teacher tried to bring out the shy boy"
- verb: make visible
- verb: prepare and issue for public distribution or sale
- verb: bring before the public for the first time, as of an actor, song, etc.
- verb: bring onto the market or release
Example: "Bring out a book"
- verb: make known to the public information that was previously known only to a few people or that was meant to be kept a secret
Example: "Bring out the truth"
Search for bring out at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2020 Datamuse