Lyrics and poems
Definitions of breathe:
- verb: impart as if by breathing
Example: "He breathed new life into the old house"
- verb: reach full flavor by absorbing air and being let to stand after having been uncorked
Example: "This rare Bordeaux must be allowed to breathe for at least 2 hours"
- verb: be alive
Example: "Every creature that breathes"
- verb: allow the passage of air through
Example: "Our new synthetic fabric breathes and is perfect for summer wear"
- verb: draw air into, and expel out of, the lungs
Example: "I can breathe better when the air is clean"
- verb: manifest or evince
Example: "She breathes the Christian spirit"
- verb: utter or tell
Example: "Not breathe a word"
- verb: take a short break from one's activities in order to relax
- verb: expel (gases or odors)
Search for breathe at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Descriptive words for breathe (New!)
Copyright © 2015 Datamuse