Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of break down:
- verb: collapse due to fatigue, an illness, or a sudden attack
- verb: make ineffective
Example: "Martin Luther King tried to break down racial discrimination"
- verb: cause to fall or collapse
- verb: lose control of one's emotions
- verb: make a mathematical, chemical, or grammatical analysis of; break down into components or essential features
- verb: separate (substances) into constituent elements or parts
- verb: fall apart
- verb: stop operating or functioning
Search for break down at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...