Synonyms / Related
Definitions of bracket:
- noun: an L-shaped support projecting from a wall (as to hold a shelf)
- noun: either of two punctuation marks ([ or ]) used to enclose textual material
- noun: a category falling within certain defined limits
- noun: either of two punctuation marks (`<' or `>') sometimes used to enclose textual material
- verb: classify or group
- verb: place into brackets
Example: "Please bracket this remark"
- verb: support with brackets
Example: "Bracket bookshelves"
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #65408)
Search for bracket at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...