Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of bound:
- noun: the line or plane indicating the limit or extent of something
- noun: a line determining the limits of an area
- noun: a light springing movement upwards or forwards
- verb: form the boundary of; be contiguous to
- verb: move forward by leaps and bounds
Example: "The horse bounded across the meadow"
- verb: place limits on (extent or access)
- verb: spring back; spring away from an impact
- adjective: headed or intending to head in a certain direction; often used as a combining form as in `college-bound students'
Example: "Children bound for school"
- adjective: bound by an oath
Example: "A bound official"
- adjective: confined by bonds
Example: "Bound and gagged hostages"
- adjective: secured with a cover or binding; often used as a combining form
Example: "Bound volumes"
- adjective: held with another element, substance or material in chemical or physical union
- adjective: covered or wrapped with a bandage
Example: "An injury bound in fresh gauze"
- adjective: bound by contract
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #65432)
Search for bound at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...
Tip: Use RhymeZone to brainstorm synonyms and related words!
Copyright © 2017 Datamuse