Definitions of bounce:
- noun: the quality of a substance that is able to rebound
- noun: rebounding from an impact (or series of impacts)
- noun: a light springing movement upwards or forwards
- verb: refuse to accept and send back
Example: "Bounce a check"
- verb: come back after being refused
Example: "The check bounced"
- verb: hit something so that it bounces
Example: "Bounce a ball"
- verb: eject from the premises
Example: "The ex-boxer's job is to bounce people who want to enter this private club"
- verb: spring back; spring away from an impact
Example: "The rubber ball bounced"
- verb: move up and down repeatedly
- verb: leap suddenly
Example: "He bounced to his feet"
Search for bounce at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2020 Datamuse