Synonyms / Related
Definitions of border:
- noun: a strip forming the outer edge of something
Example: "The rug had a wide blue border"
- noun: a line that indicates a boundary
- noun: the boundary of a surface
- noun: the boundary line or the area immediately inside the boundary
- noun: a decorative recessed or relieved surface on an edge
- verb: provide with a border or edge
- verb: lie adjacent to another or share a boundary
- verb: form the boundary of; be contiguous to
- verb: extend on all sides of simultaneously; encircle
- verb: enclose in or as if in a frame
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 100000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #11738)
Search for border at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...