Definitions of boost:
- noun: the act of giving hope or support to someone
- noun: the act of giving an upward push
Example: "He gave her a boost over the fence"
- noun: an increase in cost
- verb: give a boost to; be beneficial to
Example: "The tax cut will boost the economy"
- verb: increase or raise
Example: "Boost the voltage in an electrical circuit"
- verb: push or shove upward, as if from below or behind
Example: "The singer had to be boosted onto the stage by a special contraption"
- verb: contribute to the progress or growth of
- verb: increase
Search for boost at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Use in a sentence...