Definitions of boil:
- noun: a painful sore with a hard pus-filled core
- noun: the temperature at which a liquid boils at sea level
Example: "The brought to water to a boil"
- verb: cook in boiling liquid
Example: "Boil potatoes"
- verb: bring to, or maintain at, the boiling point
Example: "Boil this liquid until it evaporates"
- verb: come to the boiling point and change from a liquid to vapor
Example: "Water boils at 100 degrees Celsius"
- verb: be in an agitated emotional state
- verb: be agitated
Search for boil at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse