Definitions of bias:
- noun: a partiality that prevents objective consideration of an issue or situation
- noun: a line or cut across a fabric that is not at right angles to a side of the fabric
- verb: cause to be biased
- verb: influence in an unfair way
Example: "You are biasing my choice by telling me yours"
- adjective: slanting diagonally across the grain of a fabric
Example: "A bias fold"
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 50000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #5241)
Search for bias at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse