Definitions of betray:
- verb: deliver to an enemy by treachery
Example: "The spy betrayed his country"
- verb: reveal unintentionally
Example: "Her smile betrayed her true feelings"
- verb: cause someone to believe an untruth
- verb: disappoint, prove undependable to; abandon, forsake
- verb: give away information about somebody
- verb: be sexually unfaithful to one's partner in marriage
Search for betray at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Privacy, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse